New Haven is within driving distance to so many great amusement parks, but whether it’s your first time visiting or you are an aficionado, amusement park safety is something to always keep top of mind. A trip to the amusement park can be fun and exciting, especially for the little ones, but not taking safety precautions can have a devastating impact.
When you’re hopping from ride to ride, keep these nine safety tips from the International Association of of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA):
- Obey all posted age/height/weight/health requirements. If you don’t meet any one of these requirements, don’t ride the ride.
- Follow the rules: If a ride has certain rules posted, follow them or don’t ride the ride.
- Keep all hands, legs, arms, and feet inside the ride at all times
- Stay seated. While the ride is moving it is important to remain in your seat until it has come to a complete stop.
- Listen to the ride’s operator and follow his/her rules
- Use provided safety equipment and keep it securely fastened at all times
- Make sure all young children understand and are able to follow all of the rules before riding a ride
- Do not force anyone to ride the ride. If they don’t feel comfortable, they shouldn’t ride the ride.
- Report anyone who is not following safety precautions to a supervisor
Following these simple safety tips will help keep your summer fun at the amusement park safe and enjoyable for all.
If you’ve followed all of the above safety tips and you still become injured while at an amusement park contact our experienced New Haven personal injury lawyers to help you with your claim. We work for you and will help protect your interests. Contact our firm today for a free consultation.