May 30, 1931 to April 17, 2019
In April of 2019, The LoRicco Law Firm announced with sadness the passing of our founder and mentor, Richard A. LoRicco, Sr., who died on April 17, 2019 at age 87. He was an extraordinary lawyer and businessman, possessed incredible intellect and wisdom, and was always willing to assist anyone in need, especially his clients. He gave his time and talent in a very selfless way for the benefit of others, all the while teaching us how to be better at what we do in the practice of this profession. He is sadly missed, but is, and will always be, remembered.
The founding partner of the firm, Mr. LoRicco has been practicing law in the State of Connecticut since 1956, when he graduated from Georgetown University School of Law. He graduated from Providence College in 1953. He was born and raised in the City of New Haven. Mr. LoRicco regularly practices in state and federal courts in the fields of civil litigation, business litigation, and professional malpractice litigation. He has an extensive practice in the area of both residential and commercial real estate development and management. Mr. LoRicco was instrumental in the development of the ground lease concept for condominium development, as well as “air right” development rights in the State of Connecticut. He is also admitted to practice in United States District Court for the District of Connecticut and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. He is a member of the American, Connecticut and New Haven Bar Associations, the American Trial Lawyers Association and the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association.
Afterward, Attorney LoRicco served as of counsel to the LoRicco Law Firm until his passing.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Civil Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Professional Malpractice Litigation
- Residential and Commercial real estate development and management
- Connecticut, 1956
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- Providence College – 1953
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- New Haven Bar Association, Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member