Summer camp is such a fun experience for kids and can leave lifelong memories. To keep your campers happy and healthy, follow these ten tips:
- Sun and heat protection. Make sure your child has plenty of sunscreen and a refillable water bottle.
- Clothing. Send your child to camp in appropriate clothing including brimmed hats and closed-toe shoes.
- Bugs. Bug spray can help, but make sure you are checking for ticks.
- Poison ivy. Educate your child on this plant and how to avoid it.
- Cleanliness. Campers should change clothes, especially out of wet bathing suits.
- Homesickness. Parents should prepare children who are attending overnight camp, especially if it’s their first time.
- Vaccines. Campers should be full immunized before attending camp.
- Staffing. Make sure when you are investigating camps that there is adequate staffing, especially medical staffing. A nurse should be present on site.
- Water safety. Make sure there are appropriately trained lifeguards on staff.
- Medical history. Make sure you notify the camp if your child as any medical history or medications that they should be aware of.
The New Haven personal injury lawyers at The LoRicco Law Firm wish everyone a happy and healthy summer camp experience!