It seems that we are finally going to see some wintry weather hit our area this weekend. As New Haven auto accident attorneys, we have seen the worst that this weather can cause drivers. Whether you embrace winter or run for the beach, almost half of all weather-related crashes take place in the winter. Here are some tips for make sure you and your vehicle are ready for winter weather:
- Get your brakes inspected if your car pulls, makes grinding noises, or pulses when braking.
- Keep the coolant in your engine filled to the proper levels. A 50/50 mixture of coolant and water will keep your engine cool to minus 34 degrees.
- Don’t let any dashboard lights go unchecked.
- Your exhaust system pulls away harmful chemicals from your car. Make sure it is properly serviced to keep yourself and your passengers safe.
- Check all of your lights: headlights, tail lights, directionals, brake lights, hazard lights, and back-up lights.
- Use your manufacturers recommendations and maintain a proper oil change schedule.
- Tires should maintain proper pressure to ensure safety.
If you or a loved one was involved in a crash, call our New Haven auto accident attorneys immediately for a free consultation.