Whether you are driving on an Interstate highway, parkway, back road, or side street, winter weather conditions can make the ride nerve-wracking. Winter weather can also contribute to New Haven auto accidents. Following these winter driving tips could help keep you safe:
- If you are tired, avoid driving. Drowsy driving increases your risk for an accident.
- If you warm up your vehicle, be sure to do it in an open area. Vehicle fumes are toxic.
- Make sure tires are properly inflated.
- If you use snow tires, all 4 tires should be snow tires. Do not mix tire types.
- Keep at least a half a tank of gas in your car to avoid a gas line freeze up.
- Avoid the use of your parking brake in rainy, snowy, or cold weather.
- Cruise control should not be used on wet surfaces.
- Wear your seat belt each time you get in the car.
Winter weather poses extra risks of a crash, but you or a loved one are involved in a crash, the experienced New Haven auto accident attorneys at The LoRicco Law Firm can help protect your interests. Contact our firm to schedule your free consultation.