New Haven pedestrian accidents saw a steep climb in 2020 and so it is important to be aware of the various steps that you can take as a pedestrian to avoid becoming a statistic. We are luck to live in a very walkable city, but that comes with it’s pluses and it’s minuses. Being able to get to and from most of the city on foot is a huge plus for many of our residents, but it also is not without it’s danger.
If you are someone who travels throughout the city on foot you will want to make sure you are taking the proper precautions to prevent an accident. Here are some tips you can use to make sure you are staying safe while walking throughout the Elm City:
- Always cross at a crosswalk.
- Avoid any distractions, especially including texting or talking on your phone while walking.
- Wherever it is available utilize sidewalks and don’t walk in the road.
- Look both ways before stepping into an intersection. This one has become even more critical as the snowbanks have begun to pile high.
- Be sure to look both ways before crossing a driveway as cars and trucks may be exiting quickly and may not be able to see you.
Following these important tips can help keep you from getting injured or worse from a New Haven pedestrian accident. Especially in the winter months being a pedestrian in the city can be very dangerous, even more so then walking in the spring and summer.
If you or a loved one were injured, contact our office and one of our experienced attorneys will review your case.