Seeing our beautiful state of Connecticut on a motorcycle is a an exhilarating experience. Enjoying a ride with a passenger can be fun, but also requires more attention. Motorcyclists should be experienced riders before taking on a passenger.
- The motorcycle should be equipped to carry passengers including having the suspension adjusted to carry extra weight and making sure the tires are properly inflated.
- Make sure the driver instructs you on what you need to do when taking a corner, stopping and dismounting.
- Footrests should be adjusted for the passenger to prevent them from falling off of the bike and to prevent them from taking the driver down with them.
- Passengers should wear protective equipment including a helmet, proper footwear, and protective clothing pieces.
- Passengers should not get on a motorcycle where the driver has to sit more forward than is comfortable.
- Drivers should adjust their mirrors and lights for an added passenger.
Drivers and passengers need to take safety precautions to avoid a New Haven personal injury. The attorneys at The LoRicco Law Firm wish all Connecticut motorcyclists and their passengers a safe ride!