New Haven auto accidents happen every day. Whether you commute on one of the interstate highways or prefer to drive on back roads, defensive driving in Connecticut is a must. Below are eight tips to safer defensive driving.
- Use your eyes. Driving requires you to be attentive at all times.
- No tailgating. Keep plenty of distance between yourself and the car in front of you or you may end up in a New Haven auto accident.
- Know your car. Being comfortable with how your vehicle handles, brakes and accelerates is important.
- Follow posted speed signs. Failing to do so can put other drivers at risk and get you a speeding ticket.
- Be smooth. Braking excessively and accelerating quickly will quickly put other drivers on edge.
- Use information systems responsibly. Do not be distracted by the high-tech information systems loaded in new vehicles.
- Do not overestimate new safety technology. Do not replace vehicle technology for remaining attentive behind wheel.
- Ditch the phone. Using a handheld mobile device while operating a motor vehicle is unlawful in Connecticut, not to mention a big distraction.
If you or a loved one were injured contact our New Haven auto accident attorneys immediately We will begin an investigation into your claim and help you with the insurance company. We know their tricks – we have been defending New Haven and the Connecticut shoreline for nearly 60 years.