Some dog bites are severe to the point of needing immediate medical attention. The first step along the process is to know the laws that govern dog bites or attacks. A New Haven personal injury lawyer who has the skills to negotiate and assist in filing a claim can provide this important information.
If you have sustained a dog bite injury, it is in your best interest to contact an experienced New Haven personal injury lawyer at The LoRicco Law Firm to review your case during a free consultation. We can help you through each step of the claims process to help hold dog owners accountable. Our firm works on contingency which means you do not pay us until you receive compensation for your case.
- Knowledge of Connecticut dog bite law. Connecticut is a strict liability state. That means that the dog owner is responsible for your injuries unless you are taunting or teasing the dog or trespassing.
- Skilled negotiators. The New Haven personal injury lawyers at The LoRicco Law Firm are skilled negotiators. We know how the insurance companies work because we defended them for 15 years.
- Experience. Our firm has been protecting the rights of the injured in New Haven and the Connecticut shoreline for over 60 years.
- Access to resources. Hiring a firm with the resources to conduct a proper investigation is crucial to the success of your case. Our team works to gather evidence, research, and present the strongest case we can.
- A personal advocate. Our attorneys will work on your behalf to fight for the maximum compensation for which you are entitled. In addition to helping determine the extent of the at-fault party’s liability, we will seek compensation from other responsible parties like landlords who are aware of a dangerous animal, parents of minors, etc.
If you or your loved one was injured by a dog, contact our firm immediately.