A recent evening accident in Hamden on Dixwell Ave. resulted in a man being fatally struck by an on-coming car. The pedestrian accident is another in the long line of accidents that has resulted in death over the last 12 months and is yet another reminder of why traffic safety is so important to us all.
When walking along busy roads at night, something many of us do throughout the city and in neighboring towns it is so important to follow these safety measures;
- Wear bright colored clothes or reflective gear. Dusk is an especially difficult time for on-coming cars to see you and if you are not wearing the appropriate clothing it can be very easy to be struck.
- Always cross at an intersection where there is proper signage and lighting.
- Never walk on a busy road where there are no street lights.
- If you must walk on a busy road at night, make sure you are either walking in the break down lane or on the curtain.
- Do not cross any street at night where on-coming traffic may have difficulty seeing you.
The man who was fatally struck in Hamden was crossing at a section of the road that did not have any lighting or signage and therefore was placing himself at a greater risk of a pedestrian accident.
If you or a loved one were injured in a crash, our experienced attorneys can speak to you about your case and review the particulars.