Halloween is in a few days and New Haven’s youth (and young-at-heart) will be out and about asking for tricks or treats. While Halloween is a fun holiday for all, there are some very real New Haven personal injury risks out there. Follow these tips, to keep your children and yourself safe.
- Walk safely. Twice as many child pedestrians are killed on Halloween than compared to any other day of the year.
- Children 12 and under should trick-or-treat and cross the street with an adult.
- Always walk on sidewalks and pathways.
- If there is a crossing signal to use, be sure to push it, wait for it, and use it.
- Drivers should slow down and take extra caution when traveling on roadways on Halloween.
If you, your child, or loved one was injured and suspect another’s negligence, contact our firm’s New Haven personal injury lawyers immediately. Our team has the tools to fight to protect your interests.