There is nothing better than getting in the car to head out on an epic summer road trip. Playlists and snacks aren’t the only things you need to make your trip an enjoyable one. Lockouts, dead batteries, and flat tires are some things that cause a summer road trip to go astray, but they aren’t the only car issues that can happen.
- Keeping your tires in good shape is important not matter the season. Tires should be inflated to manufacturer specifications and should be inspected for cracks, bulges, or breaks.
- Check your power steering, wiper, and transmission fluids.
- Make sure all of your lights: brake, headlights, turn signals, emergency flashers are working as they are supposed to.
- The scorching summer heat puts a lot of pressure on car engines. Make sure you regularly check your coolant levels and address appropriately.
- Lockouts are never fun. Make sure you are aware of your key fob and keys when exiting your car.