Traveling with family and friends can be fun and exciting for everyone, but on top of the normal demands of caring for our youngest passengers comes the added responsibility for keeping them safe while on the road. The following are some simple steps you can take to keep everyone in the car safe and avoid a New Haven auto accident.
- Secure gear. In Connecticut, it’s the law, but it also prevents loose debris from flying around the the roadways and causing potential hazards and damage.
- Buckle up. Wearing your seat belt in the vehicle is a proven way to keep you and your passengers safe.
- Car seats. Connecticut car seat laws changed on October 1, 2017. Make sure your children are the in the appropriate seat for their age/weight.
- Never leave children in or around cars. Children spend a lot of time in cars and sometimes think they are a place to play. Car temperatures can reach deadly temperatures where children die from heatstroke.
- Avoid distractions. Cell phones, radio buttons, and touch screens can take your concentration off of driving.
Keep yourself and your family and friends safe when traveling in your vehicle. The New Haven auto accident attorneys at The LoRicco Law Firm wish you safe travels.