New Haven auto accidents happen. Commuting on one of the highways or prefer to drive on back roads, defensive driving in Connecticut is a must. Here are some concrete ways to safer defensive driving.
- Ditch the phone. Using a handheld mobile device while operating a motor vehicle is unlawful in Connecticut, not to mention a big distraction.
- Use information systems responsibly. Do not be distracted by the high-tech information systems loaded in new vehicles.
- No tailgating. Keep plenty of distance between yourself and the car in front of you or you may end up in a New Haven auto accident.
- Be smooth. Braking excessively and accelerating quickly will quickly put other drivers on edge.
- Know your car. Being comfortable with how your vehicle handles, brakes and accelerates is important.
- Use your eyes. Driving requires you to be attentive at all times.
- Follow posted speed signs. Failing to do so can put other drivers at risk and get you a speeding ticket.
- Do not overestimate new safety technology. Do not replace vehicle technology for remaining attentive behind wheel.
If you or a loved one were injured contact our New Haven auto accident attorneys immediately We will begin an investigation into your claim and help you with the insurance company.