New Haven Auto Accidents: Insurance Policy Minimums Part 2

October 31, 2017
Published by

If you are operating a motor vehicle in Connecticut, the law states you must also have insurance coverage. Insurance terminology can be confusing. The following is information on understanding your Connecticut auto insurance policy.

Underinsured motorist conversion coverage – This is coverage you can purchase from your insurance provider. If you are injured in a New Haven auto accident and the at-fault driver’s insurance does not cover your damages (including your injuries), you can receive payment from your own policy to cover your damages.

Collision coverage – Covers damage to your vehicle when it collides with another vehicle or object. There is usually a deductible that has to be met for repairs or replacement.

Comprehensive coverage – This type of coverage includes damage to your vehicle other than a collision including theft, vandalism, animal contact, flood, falling objects, or weather-related damage. There is usually a deductible with this type of coverage.

Full glass coverage – Covers the cost of repairing the glass on your vehicle with no deductible for an extra cost. This insurance type also covers rental reimbursement and/or towing expenses.

The is the first in a two part series on Connecticut auto insurance coverage. If you or a loved one have been in a New Haven auto accident, contact our firm. We know the insurance company’s tricks – we defended them for 15 years.