At one point or another, we will all find ourselves as pedestrians. New Haven personal injury accidents, as well as accidents across the state of Connecticut, have been on the rise. Here are some unnerving statistics.
- In 2016, a pedestrian was killed every 1.5 hours in traffic.
- The number three cause of pedestrian fatalities is distractions.
- About half of fatalities from running red lights are to pedestrians and other occupants of vehicles.
- Most pedestrian accidents happen at night (74%) and 72% of those occur in a crosswalk.
- Drunk drivers kill 15% of pedestrians, while 34% of those killed are drunk themselves.
- A pedestrian struck at 20 miles an hour has a 10% chance of dying. If they are struck at 40 miles an hour, they have an 80% chance of dying.
If you or a loved one was injured in a pedestrian accident, the New Haven personal injury lawyers at The LoRicco Law Firm can help you with your case. Call us today for your free consultation.