Summertime is usually filled with RVs, boats and beach blankets. Of course, the pandemic has made people reconsider their normal travel plans this year. So, how can you enjoy the festivity of the season and still travel safely during summer 2020?
At The Loricco Law Firm, we emphasize travel preparation. Preparing for your travels means that you:
- Know where you’re headed. As much fun as a spontaneous road trip can be, 2020 has made it hard to anticipate what lies ahead. If you intend to cross state borders, make sure you understand what pandemic safety precautions remain in place. Double check that the places where you intend to stop are actually open.
- Pack for safety. It will continue to be a good idea to avoid crowds, so try to limit your stops in busy public rest areas: Instead, pack drinks and snacks to take along. Also, don’t assume that your destination will be as prepared as you would like. Bring along sanitizer and basic cleaning supplies.
- Wash your hands. As always, be sure to wash your hands anytime you have been in a public place. Also, once you’ve washed your hands, don’t touch anything. If you need to, use a tissue or other item as a buffer.
- Take advantage of take out. While most areas have already opened restaurants, you may feel like dining with strangers is a bit too close for comfort. Use Yelp! or other similar services to find good quality take out meals. It’s vacation, so why not use this as an excuse to picnic!
- Clean as you go. If you happen to be staying in or visiting shared spaces, don’t be uncomfortable about wiping down high touch surfaces. In a hotel? You may want to skip room service too so that you can trust that only you and your travel companions have used the space.
Again, our aim is not to limit summer fun. We simply want residents in Connecticut to be safe. With a little preparation and forethought, the warm weather is still bound to bring delight. It’s simply a matter of preparation to keep travel safe this year.