Driving in the snow can be very stressful and can undoubtedly cause New Haven auto accidents. If you find yourself on the road when snow hits, here are some tips to keep yourself safe until you can get home or your destination.
- Everything takes longer on roads covered in snow. Drive slowly.
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly. Accelerating slowly helps regain and maintain traction. It also takes longer to slow down on icy roads.
- Know your brakes.
- Increase your distance behind the vehicle in front of you to 8-1o seconds following distance.
- Don’t stop going up a hill.
- Don’t power up hills.
- Don’t stop if you can avoid it.
- Stay home. If you don’t have to go out, don’t. Let the public works crews clear the roads before venturing out.
If your or a loved one was injured in a New Haven auto accident, contact our firm. Our team of experienced attorneys will help protect your rights. If your accident was caused by a delay of plowing by a municipality of state, there is a shorter window of time to file suit. Contact us immediately to discuss your options.